xine codec issues? (YDL 4.0.1)

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Fri Mar 10 18:24:16 MST 2006

Hi,

I know that video clips are always challenging to get to work on Linux, but
I'm a little confused by this situation.  I have a few .mov clips that work
OK in xine (they actually look better than they do in OS X), but there is one
clip in particular (also a .mov) that causes xine to hang indefinitely.
Usually the only solution is to either logout or ctl-alt-del to get xine to
shut down.  Are there more codecs for .mov and Quicktime than what come
built-in to xine?  Will this cause xine to hang?

Sorry if I've missed something obvious, but I'm pretty new to the whole Linux
multimedia thing.

-PRH