YDL 4.1 freezes at login screen on G5 tower singel (PowerMac 9.1).

Brian Durant brian at durant.dk
Sat Mar 11 09:40:32 MST 2006

Kai Staats wrote:
> Brian,
>

>>My YDL 4.1 install freezes at the login screen. CTRL ALT DEL (backspace)
>>doesn't work, the mouse is frozen and I can't get a console. I have a G5
>>tower single (PowerMac 9.1).
>

> Do you have any PCI cards? USB or FireWire accessories?
>
> kai

Hi Kai,

I have a PCI USB card. However, the more I look at this problem, the
more it looks like the problem that I experienced with FC 4 and the
sound drivers. ALSA. I believe? I had saved some instructions on what to
do with that issue, but now I can't find them. I believe it was
something about having to boot at run level 3, but unfortunately, I'm at
a loss after that.

Cheers,

Brian