Newbie to List got a Question

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Mar 13 13:03:45 MST 2006

Hi Brian:

Which OS are you using to access the net from your laptop?
Which laptop?

Although you are using a router, and we can assume it is wireless; what
are you using on the laptop -- Airport, Airport Extreme, a PCMCIA card
or something else?  Also these items are accessed by the Mac OS and
Linux rather differently; so again which OS are you using in your
attempt to connect with your router?

Did you program your router and setup you password access and encryption
modes?  Before we go down that road, however it would be helpful if you
shared what you can...