Booting issues

Christopher Nunu canunu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 13:19:41 MST 2006

I am booting by holding down the option key. Even when I let it load
the default choice, it still brings me to the "enter "mac-boot" to
proceed with booting" screen and then freezes. I'm never given the
option to load the KDE or Gnome environment. Would a screenshot help? I
can tell you that right before the prompt  it says "Welcome to open
firmware" and that it's black text on white background.