question about wi-fi

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Mar 23 21:11:56 MST 2006

Hi Paul:

I have heard that work is being done on Airport Extreme; that is, a
driver is being developed for it.  Other than that the only option (for
those caring on a reasonable semblance of mobility is to acquire a
PCMCIA card for which drivers already exist.  A list is here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/devices.shtml

The list also should include the Netgear WG511 and WG511T; How Tos
exist for those cards as well, although I haven't been able to get the
WG511T up and running on my version of YDL 4.1 either.  I've reported
the details regarding it to TSS, I'm not sure when a resolution to
these issues will occur.

Regarding KwifiManager, it already exists within YDL 4.1. You'll find it
under Networking...  Thanks for making me aware of it's existence.  I
normally prefer working in Gnome exclusively.  But if I can get my card
working and I have to live in KDE to do it... I'll tolerate KDE.

Good Luck....