question about wi-fi

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Thu Mar 23 16:33:31 MST 2006

Thanks for the info.  You mention the PCMCIA cards; will these work in both
the Airport Extreme slots as well as the regular Airport slots like my iBook?
And with those drivers installed, will a machine with a PCMCIA card be able
to detect a new wireless signal without rebooting?

In case you're wondering about my particular situation: I work at the U of MN,
and the entire campus is a wireless zone, not to mention all the coffee
houses, etc.  It's really nice to be able to walk into a library, open up
your notebook, and be able to work without a reboot.  (Though to be fair to
YDL, it boots *much* faster than OS X on this machine).  There are those
little USB wireless dongles as well--do you know if they work, or is that
also an issue of having the proper drivers?

I'd also be interested to hear what anyone's experience has been with the new
Kwifimanager in 4.1, and whether it's still crashing on launch like it did in
4.0.1.

-PRH