question about wi-fi

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 13:03:44 MST 2006

On 26/03/06, Paul Higgins <higg0008 at tc.umn.edu> wrote:

> Sorry to be getting back to this thread a little late...
>
> So the (non-Extreme) Airport slot inside the iBooks is a regular PCMCIA
> slot?
> So I can use a card other than an Apple Airport in my iBook (900 MHz G3),
> then?

Its not entirely regular - the Lucent ORiNOCO is known to work it but I've
never heard of anything else working, plus it suffers from a big problem of
being under the keyboard... The Airport card itself is shaped identically to
a Conditional Access Module (satellite hardware), using the card-reader
recess to allow the antenna cable to slot in in a more limited space.

Cian

Also, has anyone tried out KWifimanager in various locations with wireless