No Firewire install possible?

Jason Christiansen jchristiansen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 13:59:11 MDT 2006

I've been following a couple somewhat-related e-mail chains on the
list here about some difficulties others are having with the firewire
connectivity and YDL 4.1.  However, I'm about to add my quandry to the
list...

I've downloaded the ISOs for YDL 4.1, and boot into the installer
using the "install firewire" option.  However, no matter what I try,
when I get to Anaconda, it never sees the firewire drive that I have
connected to the computer, just the two internal disks.  It's a G4
dual 450 (Gigabit Ethernet), Firewire drive is a SanDisk 60GB,
connecting through the built-in firewire ports on the Mac.

One suspicion I have is that I've done the whole media check routine,
and although disks #2-4 check out fine, disk #1 results in a fail.  I
re-download the image, do an MD5 check successfully, but it still
results in a fail after burning and booting.  I've downloaded, checked
and burned disk #1 several times, each time resulting in a failed
mediacheck.  Could this be the cause of the problem with installing to
Firewire?

Thanks in advance for any help...

-Jason

--
Jason Christiansen
jchristiansen at gmail.com

"You can't say civilization isn't advancing;
in every war they kill you in a new way."
  --Will Rogers