Installation problem

Don Nuckols donnux at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 18 15:11:45 MDT 2006

I have tried twice to install YDL, and each time it goes through the
whole procedure, then at the end it puts up a small progress window
entitled:

Performing Post Install Configuration

The status bar is about half way across, and the computer is totally
locked. Cursor doesn't move, no response to any keys or key
combinations, only the hardware reset button works.

Oddly enough, I have a very similar effect when trying to load Ubuntu
(tried twice also). It goes through the whole process, then at the
end it doesn't lock up but gives the message that it cannot install
yaboot. Why, I don't know. But in both cases, the install isn't
completed, so I can't use Linux to troubleshoot.

This is on an iMac-DV. It's running OS-X Tiger, but is somewhat
sluggish (usually), being only a 400MHz machine. Hoping to get a
performance boost with Linux.

Has anybody else run into this?
Anybody found a work-around or fix around for this?