No Firewire install possible?

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 3 17:00:54 MDT 2006

(FireWire follow-up)

> > I have similar problems with my SAME MACHINE.  I decided to have my
> > company buy a Pre-installed YDL 4.1 on a 160 GB Firewire drive.  Still no
> > success. Even support hasn't (as of this writing) helped.  I have tried
> > all the help page "fixes"

Ok, we receied the FireWire drive back from Robert. Without modification of
any sort, it booted a G4 Aluminum 15" and G4 tower of the following model:

processor	: 0
cpu		: 7455, altivec supported
clock		: 1249MHz
revision	: 0.3 (pvr 8001 0303)
bogomips	: 1249.28
machine		: PowerMac3,6
motherboard	: PowerMac3,6 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as	: 129 (PowerMac G4 Windtunnel)
pmac flags	: 00000010
L2 cache	: 256K unified
memory		: 512MB
pmac-generation	: NewWorld

So, it must be a machine specific issue.

kai