Squid on a B&W G3

yahooduncan at netscape.net yahooduncan at netscape.net
Tue Jun 6 11:36:09 MDT 2006

I have an old B&W G3 that I purchased off eBay for $50 that I wanted to
use as a squid server and could use assistance if anyone has
successfully configured such a thing on YDL.  The real need is to set
up Dansguardian or something like it, since I have 2 teenagers with
computers hooked up to the internet through this network.  My first
question is which configuration would be best, should I just add the
squid server to my network and reconfigure my firewall to only accept
requests from my squid server, or should I replace the firewall with
the new squid server box?  Can I do both without having to reconfigure
the other networked computers?  Are there any specific items of note
with getting squid working on the B&W G3 that I need to be aware of?