[Fwd: Re:Problems installing Yellow Dog Linux onto Old World Mac]

jrolland at SoftHome.net jrolland at SoftHome.net
Wed Aug 30 18:02:49 MDT 2006

Hello, all!

Well, I checked the MD5Sum on the .iso I downloaded,and it's
33f5f2a407f36dfbb01946ece46bdf73, exactly what it's supposed to be (just
as I thought). That means that either (a) something's wrong with the
physical disk (which I doubt), (b) there's something wrong with my CD
burner/Disk Utility (which I doubt) or (c) there's something entirely
different going on, with 3.0.1 *and* 4.0 displaying these bizarre,
reproducible errors.

There is an "InstallFest" scheduled for the local Linux User's Group on
September 9; I'll see if they can shed any light on my woes.
Unfortunately, most of them are x86 people, and, of those that are PowerPC
people, I'm guessing most are New World people; thus, even the InstallFest
may be of little help.

Sincerely,
--
Jeffrey Rolland