[Fwd: Re:Problems installing Yellow Dog Linux onto Old World Mac]

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Wed Aug 30 20:30:51 MDT 2006

Wow, I'm surprised that even Debian wouldn't run on an Old World machine.  The
Debian fanatics always make a big point about how it will run on just about
anything.  I'm very interested in trying to get a newer version of YDL (i.e.
4.0.1) running on an old beige G3.  It's too bad that it appears to be so
difficult.

I'll have to check into what actually _will_ run on the Old World machines.  I
was pretty sure that the most recent version of Debian would install, but
with a fairly high degree of effort.  I'm a Debian user at work (on x86
machines), so I'm quite familiar with installing it; I also have Debian
running on a dual G4 at home.

-PRH