Problems installing Yellow Dog Linux onto Old World Mac

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Thu Aug 31 20:22:59 MDT 2006

Are you running YDL 4.0, 4.0.1, or 4.1?  I know there are workarounds for 4.0,
at least, and maybe 4.0.1--I have a lot of this stuff bookmarked, including
the site that has the necessary kernels (that you posted).  But have you been
able to get 4.1 working?  All the links posted so far concern running 4.0 on
an Old World machine, but it appears that it is extremely difficult or even
impossible to get 4.0.1 or 4.1 running on Old World, e.g. beige G3.  That's
why I suggested Debian, which with a fair amount of workarounds does install
on Old World (or so they claim, anyway, I haven't tried it yet).

-PRH