PPC (was Re: Openoffice update)

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Sep 4 16:54:34 MDT 2006

Hi Paul!
I also would appreciate a future PowerPC laptop but I was focused on
current market realities as Andres was interested exclusively on a
PowerPC laptop and was not interested on desktop systems.  I provided to
him a link referring him to Genesi which is also available through TSS.
The Genesi system is close as to a PowerPC laptop I see for the
foreseeable future, and unfortunately the current Powerbook G4's are
faster than it is!

I sincerely and personally believe the future of the PowerPC is
outrageously bright.  I'm not sure however how many people will take
advantage of the new form it will take without Apple.  The published
documentation and news highlights the work of IBM and Sony in their Cell
product which essentially is a PowerPC chip.  Here's some information: