PPC (was Re: Openoffice update)

PeterH5322 peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com
Mon Sep 4 17:31:52 MDT 2006

>I'm not sure however how many people will take
>advantage of the new form it will take without Apple.  The published
>documentation and news highlights the work of IBM and Sony in their Cell
>product which essentially is a PowerPC chip.

Certain of our National Laboratories must believe in the Power
architecture, as they have committed to a 131,072 processor (128 Kp)
"cluster", using their own "open" clustering software.

I believe in the Power architecture, as well.

Intel is NOT inside, here.

AMD, perhaps, one day ... but, not today, and probably not tomorrow.