Openoffice update.

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Sep 4 17:22:09 MDT 2006

Andres, I checked the ppc page for open office.  The release for the PPC
is at 1.1.2.  The current release is at 2.0.3

To acquire the source for 2.0.3 means downloading just over 300MB.  If
there existed a T1 or better a T3 connection I might consider
downloading it and passing it to you, but it doesn't exist (not between
us anyway) so this idea of yours won't work.

Regarding TSS, I would suggest you follow their official announcements
posted clearly on their website.  I personally have no idea what happens
next as Apple has left the PowerPC field entirely.

I admire your positive spirit Andres; I know working on a G4 is way
ahead of working on a G3... I still own an old 233Mhz Beige G3 currently
worth all of $15.  There are interesting stories on the new incarnation
of the PowerPC here:

but this has nothing to do with an incarnation as a laptop. :-(