stupid newbie questions........ alsa , mail

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Sep 5 10:20:48 MDT 2006

Hi Bear!

Why not check if alsamixer is installed?  You can do:

$whereis alsamixer

If you have it, the YDL system will tell you.  If you don't you can have
it installed via yum (depending on which version of YDL you are using).

As far as email clients go, you may find Thunderbird very reliable and
friendly.  Sylpheed and Sylpheed-claws are liked by some, but
Thunderbird does all the right things in an easy to understand way.  It
has the capacity to reference data from servers using Spamassassin, as
well as utilize it's own spam filter within it's Junk filter.

Derick.