error on install: framebuffer ioctl failed

bein limited beinltd at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 09:42:04 MDT 2006

Has anyone seen this error?  It happens as YDL is performing post install configuration.  It gets to 50% then freezes.  I did a text install to see what the error was and it gives the following message:

Framebuffer ioctl failed. Exiting.

but just freezes there.  I did notice during the initial probe that it lists the monitor as unknown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm trying to install YDL 4.1 on a G4 powerbook, 400 MHz, 384MB RAM

Thanks!
Carol