error on install: framebuffer ioctl failed

bein limited beinltd at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 10:44:53 MDT 2006

Well, to answer my own question, sort of.. :-)

I went into the system prefs in OSX and changed the monitor resolution to 1024x768 (was set to 1152x768), and tried again.

There was the same error, but it didn't freeze this time, and finished the configuration.

I still don't know why it froze the first time, but at least it's working now. :-)

Carol

bein limited <beinltd at yahoo.com> wrote: Has anyone seen this error?  It happens as YDL is performing post install configuration.  It gets to 50% then freezes.  I did a text install to see what the error was and it gives the following message:

Framebuffer ioctl failed. Exiting.

but just freezes there.  I did notice during the initial probe that it lists the monitor as unknown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm trying to install YDL 4.1 on a G4 powerbook, 400 MHz, 384MB RAM

Thanks!
Carol