fsck and filesystem errors

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Sep 16 19:29:52 MDT 2006

Hi Paul:

Part of what makes this list so accessible is that we each have a turn
at experiencing a ... duh ... moment.  Many who participate here report
what worked and what didn't, and more.  Although other sites may have
more copious information, here a sort of communal drive towards mastery
appears to exist.  This is rather interesting as most efforts in
education are individual requiring individual development.  There
appears to be an element within the community comprising this list to do
things differently, such that it appears that the community rises or
progresses together with the individuals who are learning and who are
learned.  This is something very special and unique to this community.

Regarding OS X and ext3:  One interesting difference between OX 3 and
Linux is that journaling can be turned off and on as often as one
pleases.  This is not the case, as far as I know with ext3.  I think
that the interdependent relationships for the ext3 structure is more
involved.  As I intimated earlier you may be ahead of me; I'll also have
to refer to the Linux Documentation Project link I provided earlier for
more information.

Good Luck and I look forward to learning more of your progress!

Derick.