How to do an HTTP Install

Mark Christal christalm at mac.com
Sun Sep 17 15:12:49 MDT 2006

I purchased the cadillac of YDL distros with installation support,
but haven't been able to get YDL installed because the combo drive on
my  G4 Powerbook was faulty and the replacement drive I purchased
from Other World Computer is not fully Mac compatible so that I can't
boot up on the YDL install disk.  YDL installation support suggest I
do an "HTTP Install" and promised that information on how to do that
can be found on the YDL lists.  However, I can't find discussion that
explains how to do that in a way I can understand, so if anyone knows
if and how I can do this, please respond.

I am starting with a full set of the YDL installation disks and my G4
Powerbook fully prepared to proceed with a dual-boot setup:  I have
OS X on one partion, and half the drive( ~14 GB) partioned as "Free
space."  I can connect to the Internet via DSL or WiFi and I have a
G5 Power Mac I can network to. Now what?

   --Mark Christal