unable to instantiate...

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 13:54:02 MDT 2006

I realize that this only answers one of your questions and does not
get your monitor to work.

What ist the meaning of "TMDS"?

The data format used by DVI is based on the PanelLink serial format
devised by the semiconductor manufacturer Silicon Image Inc. This
uses Transition Minimized Differential Signaling (TMDS). A single DVI
link consists of four twisted pairs of wire (red, green, blue, and
clock) to transmit 24 bits per pixel. The timing of the signal almost
exactly matches that of an analog video signal. The picture is
transmitted line by line with blanking intervals between each line
and each frame, and without packetization. No compression is used and
DVI has no provision for only transmitting changed parts of the
image. This means the whole frame is constantly re-transmitted.