linux is too expensive

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 07:13:00 MDT 2006

Let me give you an analogy I like to use with Linux.  You like
gourmet food, but don't want to pay a restaurant a lot of money to
eat a fancy meal.  So you go pick up a gourmet cookbook.  Then you
realize you don't have the right kitchen utensils so you take a trip
to Williams and Sonoma and drop 500 bucks on new kitchen utensils.
You attempt to  recreate your favorite gourmet meal Filet oscar at
home, but it comes out tasting like crap.  Not what you expected, so
you burn the gourmet cookbook, not realizing that to make a good
gourmet meal, you have to bring certain skills to the table.  If you
don't have them your just wasting your money.

Listen no ones gonna knock you if you can't cook.  But don't come
into the kitchen complaining to people who can, that their favorite
food sucks.  It's not going to win you any points.