linux is too expensive

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 13:54:29 MDT 2006

As I sit here at home studying for my MBA - taking marketing right
now.  I choose to answer the questions that clearly show the writer
does not belong to the segment of the population that YDL is
targeting.  I feel YDL is a superior product, but it is not for
everyone.  It's positioned itself for a specific market.  The not
faint of heart market. As anyone who has been on this list for awhile
knows, you have got to know "some" linux to get a linux box to work.
It seems that in the last few weeks the list has been revived to some
extent, with a lot of emails from people who do not RTFM.  It's a
shame because they whine and complain about a superior product and
have no leg to stand on when it comes to their comments.

--- Derick Centeno <aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:

---------------------------------
    Friend, I really understand.  I just find it fascinating what you
dochoose to respond to.
You respond to queries which I'm not sure I'm going to respond to.
Then I see and note your response... I say to myself, why not?

A lurker you are not, anymore! :-)

Keep sticking around... c'mon, you know you want to!

---------------------------------

Norberto Quintanar wrote:
I read both lists everyday.  But stopped responding when a majorityof
 people would post questions like this, "I have an Apple IIe andit
doesn't have a CD-rom, I would like to do an HTTP-install but Idon't
want to use a text install, I have to use Anaconda.  Any helpwould be
appreciated.  Oh yeah, will it fit on my 384mb hard drive orshould I
upgrade?"I help a lot of people off-lists.  In the past I've received
aplethora of the above type questions and had my mailbox full.  ---
Derick Centeno <aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:

Norberto, has responded rather passionately,although in the
recentpast he has portrayed himself as a lurker or mere visitor.  He
usuallyis very quietly cooperative most of the time.