unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash web sites.

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 21:47:15 MDT 2006

I have YDL 4 running on a 6500/250, just fine, 603e chip.  There's
ALL sorts of documentation on the internet on how to do this.

The REAL problem is no FLASH player for ppc.

http://macspeedzone.com/archive/html/hardw/by_mac/apple/a/8500_150.html

> This is not the only problem, unfortunately Bill, for you it does
> get
> worse.  There is an old article where Kai Staats, the CEO of TSS,
> is
> interviewed discussing many details including which Macs YDL 4 will
> work
> with.  Here is that link:
>
> http://www.macnewsworld.com/story/34647.html

Also, I truly believe you quoted him out of context, so here is the
quote verbatim.

"We have chosen to no longer officially support the beige G3 product
line -- my personal favorite for its incredibly robust offerings.
This does not mean it will not work -- simply we will not apply
internal resources to test these systems. We had to draw the line to
focus on quality over quantity."

Not OFFICIALLY supported... This does not mean it will not work.

> The section of the interview of interest in this discussion is
> here:
>
> Mac News World: ... will YDL 4 run on ancient Macs that cannot take
>
> advantage of OS X?
> Staats: ... Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 ... supports USB-G3 through dual
> G5
> Power Mac Towers.
---whole bunch of stuff snipped---------

Norberto "still running YDL on a 6500/250 and a beige G3" Quintanar