unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash web sites.

Bill Perrotta billperrotta at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 07:42:25 MDT 2006

I can't seem to find any documentation on installing Yellowdog 4 to an old world mac if anyone knows a good step by step link let me know.  I could really care less how i get a flashplayer running though. I have bochs 2.3 running already on yellow dog 2.1. but i keep getting the error: Device Bios could not read the boot disk is there anyway to correct this? Anyone here know anything about bochs?

Bill Perrotta <billperrotta at yahoo.com> wrote: Is there a version of qemu that'll run on yellow dog 2.1 ?
so maybe i can run win95 to run ie version with shockwave.
Also can you send me a link on how to install yellow dog 4.1 on ppc 8500 if you have one?

Norberto Quintanar <nquintanar at yahoo.com> wrote: I have YDL 4 running on a 6500/250, just fine, 603e chip.  There's
ALL sorts of documentation on the internet on how to do this.

The REAL problem is no FLASH player for ppc.

http://macspeedzone.com/archive/html/hardw/by_mac/apple/a/8500_150.html

> This is not the only problem, unfortunately Bill, for you it does
> get
> worse.  There is an old article where Kai Staats, the CEO of TSS,
> is
> interviewed discussing many details including which Macs YDL 4 will
> work
> with.  Here is that link:
>
> http://www.macnewsworld.com/story/34647.html

Also, I truly believe you quoted him out of context, so here is the
quote verbatim.

"We have chosen to no longer officially support the beige G3 product
line -- my personal favorite for its incredibly robust offerings.
This does not mean it will not work -- simply we will not apply
internal resources to test these systems. We had to draw the line to
focus on quality over quantity."

Not OFFICIALLY supported... This does not mean it will not work.

> The section of the  interview of interest in this discussion is
> here:
>
> Mac News World: ... will YDL 4 run on ancient Macs that cannot take
>
> advantage of OS X?
> Staats: ... Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 ... supports USB-G3 through dual
> G5
> Power Mac Towers.
---whole bunch of stuff snipped---------

Norberto "still running YDL on a 6500/250 and a beige G3" Quintanar