unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash web sites.

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 08:19:09 MDT 2006

On 27/10/06, Bill Perrotta <billperrotta at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Look if my pmac for arguments sake is about 32megs of ramm win95 used to
> run on 16. I could care less if i use a floppy version of win95. I am pretty
> sure shockwave ran on that. I don't need latest oses just need to be able to
> use shockwave plug in to solve this problem. I am having a hard time finding
> understandable info on configuring bochs but it is already installed.

Its not to do much with the RAM, its to do with the massive, massive speed
loss of emulation. The fastest 180Mhz PowerMac will emulate a PC of
somewhere between 9 and 18Mhz. No matter what speed you "tell" bochs to
emualte at, it will really be somewhere in that range.

Windows 95 minium spec was 20Mhz. Shockwave's mimum spec is about 75Mhz. It
won't work at all properly. Newer versions won't even run on Windows 95 or
even run natively on a real 180Mhz x86.

Back to the RAM, even if you have 32MB, all you could allocate bochs would
be 4 or 8, as bochs + Linux + X11 need the rest to just about run

Cian