YDL4 (was Re: unable to install Klash...)

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Fri Oct 27 20:45:22 MDT 2006

I know we've been through this topic before, so I'll try not to belabor this;
I just wanted to clarify one thing:

On Thursday 26 October 2006 22:47, Norberto Quintanar wrote:
> I have YDL 4 running on a 6500/250, just fine, 603e chip.  There's
> ALL sorts of documentation on the internet on how to do this.

Yes, this link was mentioned (and has been discussed before):
<http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?t=381>

You're running YDL 4.0 on the 6500, but *not* 4.1, right?  I've found very
little information at all about getting 4.1 running on Old World machines.
Which leads me to conclude that it's impossible, or nearly so.  If anyone has
found a link to anything I've missed, I'd certainly like to see it.

> The REAL problem is no FLASH player for ppc.

Though I *have* had success getting Flash animations and web banners to work
in Firefox.  I had to manually install the Flash components.

-PRH