unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash

Bill Perrotta billperrotta at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 06:15:00 MDT 2006

is os9 really shockwave flash compatible? if someone assures me of thos i can probably get an oem version on ebay.

Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote: On 27/10/06, Bill Perrotta  wrote:
> I am putting this pmac together for someone who doesn't have a computer.
> The yellow dog forum suggests a way to modify bootx to work with ydl 4. I
> might have to do get version 4 installed first then install klash. The
> moderator on ydl forum is talking about posting ydl tutorials. I suggested
> one for installing ydl on old world macs and one for klash.

Hi Bill, that's a commendable activity of yours!

I presume the recipient is not exactly the most computer-literate of
people. In this case, you may find that having the fake Flash is FAR
worse than having no Flash at all. Klash is undoubtedly quite unstable
and will only run the bare minimum of code.

In this case, you may find that a Flash web site will bring Firefox to
a grinding halt, rather than simply not working or redirecting the
user to an HTML-only version. It's probably better not to support
Flash at all than to do it half-assed (since 99.9% of Flash developers
do a half-assed job anyway).

Depending on what they want to do with their computer, you may be far
better off installing Mac OS 9 onto the computer.

If all they're doing is browsing, e-mailing and printing, you'll be
fine with YDL. If they want to do _anything_ more (particularly using
peripherals) make sure you check to see if the peripherals or actions
work without intervention.

You will probably need to write the user a short 'how to' on how to
mount/unmount/eject CDs and floppy disks.