unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash

Bill Perrotta billperrotta at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 22:20:43 MDT 2006

point well taken. But machines i keep to experient with are also different than the ones i give to friends or customers. If someone pays top dollar i'll give them the latest and greatest. The yellow dog machine i'm keeping could be an smb server or fileserver for a testlab to my other redhat 9 server i'm using to assimulate rhel 3. Really my windows xp workstation is my main pc. That needs to be latest and greatest or at least up to date. Most other harware people give me that they are throwing away I repair to play around and experiment with. like what i wonder what would happen if i change this file or that on this os for example to see what
would happen. Or i wonder if i really could install this package or os to this system is it possible. I guess i'll try it to find out. You can't do stuff like that in a production environment. So I'll only spend the money to save the time if the system i'm working on is a necessity.
Derick Centeno <aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote: Bill:

Regarding backwards compatibility you can't always assume that given the
unique hardware and operating system of the Macintosh universe.  You
could assume some similarity across Linux versions, but even that is not
a good generality to rely upon either.  Speaking only for myself, I can
agree that one cannot and perhaps should not keep up with the "latest
and greatest" if the costs don't warrant it.  However, it is also more
expensive to ignore or overlook the engineering details and limits
designed into the hardware or software.

If costs do matter, then deeper study and examination of the details
into the hardware and software design will eventually not only save
money but something even more precious than money -- time!  Your own and
certainly the time for whomever uses the system you eventually repair.
Even if only as a consideration, time always matters.