YDL4 (was Re: unable to install Klash...)

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Oct 28 14:29:33 MDT 2006

Hi Bill:

Just for clarity:  BootX is provided only as part of YDL 2 or YDL 3/3.0.1.

If you choose to use your old Mac you will have to use BootX from within
OS Classic or OS 9 or earlier (I think the Mac 8500 came with OS 7) --
in any case BootX was designed to work as a Control Panel within the
Control Panels section of the System Folder in the Classic environment.
BootX is not designed for and will not function with OS X.  The function
of BootX is so that (when BootX is properly set up and functioning) when
the Mac boots up instead of immediately going into the Mac OS
environment -- instead you are provided with an option appearing on the
screen allowing you to choose between booting into YDL or booting into
the Mac OS.

BootX, I believe, the preferred tool (but not the only tool) allowing a
user to boot into YDL from the Mac Classic environment.  I don't recall
the other tool and frankly never used it anyway.