unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Oct 28 15:43:28 MDT 2006

Hi Bill:

Part of the difficulty you may be having could stem (maybe) from the
possibility that you are not familiar with Macs.  You may be assuming
that Macs and their associated operating systems work similarly to how
PCs behave with theirs.  This is not the case.

For instance, in the premier magazine on Macs known as MacWorld stated
something very clearly regarding OS X version 10.2.  Here's that link
(keep everything on one line:

http://macs.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fmaccentral.macworld.com%2Fnews%2F2002%2F08%2F16%2Fjaguar%2F

They specifically recommended the following:

"We recommend that you run it on a Mac with a G4 processor, and you'll
want as much RAM as your system can take..."

Apple's own website clearly explains that OS X version 10.2.8 is
intended for G5 class systems.

Again your Mac 8500 only uses a 604.  You'll recall the link I provided
to you earlier regarding the Mac 8500.

Your best chance with the Mac 8500 is to stay as recommended in Classic
mode or use OS 9 or even what originally came with the Mac 8500, as far
as using a Macintosh operating is concerned.

Regarding YDL once you have BootX running and can boot into YDL 2 from
the Mac OS you should realize that ssh still won't work because ssh did
not exist when YDL 2 did.  You may be able to load and compile it, but
it won't function as expected meaning you'll still be exposed security
wise because the other components which ssh uses are just not present in
YDL 2.

If you are studying for the RHCE, you may just have to stay within Red
Hat which is an Intel and compatible only product, until you learn more
about Macs.  Macs are not PCs, and even though now they do use Intel
chips, they STILL ARE NOT PCs.