unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Oct 28 22:47:59 MDT 2006

Bill:

I'll split my response between your comments for easier reading.

Bill Perrotta wrote:
> Another thing i have seen some other free bootloaders besides bootx on
> the internet
Yes there is perhaps one or two, but amongst those the best and most
documented material revolves around BootX.  That availability can be
useful if one takes the time to go through it unhurriedly.
> that will allow me to boot os x on an old world mac. And if you
> understood me correctly i was repairing 2 macs. The one i was going to
> give to the computer illiterate person was going to osx to run some
> modern apps.
Then perhaps the question is what is the model of the Mac where OS X is
supposed to be run?  If this effort you are engaged in is a matter of
assisting this person it is unfortunately no help or assistance if OS X
is going to be run on a Mac 8500.  However, if the Mac running OS X is
of a more advanced model then it is admirable that the more advanced
model running OS X will go to this person.  There is really no reason to
guess on which hardware will run OS X, the tests have already been done
and the recommendations already exist.  All anyone needs to do is read
and check against a reference like Macworld and Apple for their
recommendations regarding which hardware will run OS X acceptably well,
> I said the one with yellopw dog i was keeping. And if i ever find a
> tutorial that is less confusing and more detailed i could try to
> install ydl4 on it.
As the only model initially mentioned was the Mac 8500 the challenge
appeared to get BootX running properly within the original Mac OS which
that machine came with.
If there is a more advanced model, it should be clarified and mentioned,
as perhaps -- it may not require BootX or anything else to run YDL.  Of
course, the question is dependent on what that model is...

The link explaining how to install YDL 4 and YDL 4.1 is located here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/installation/
> But even if it crashes it is just an old pc someone gave to me. Just
> like a mechanic the pc and electronics technician does not always have
> the latest and greatest pcs. cause he knows if they break down he can
> fix them. My mechanic drove an old bmw he found in parts in the
> junkyard and fixed. The regular consumes pays the high prices for the
> latest and greatest gadgets. and if i could do everything i had to
> with ydl4 for now i probably could care less about ydl5 until ydl4
> falls way out of the range of support.

Nearly every participant of this list is a tinkerer of one sort or
another.  More than a few however a full professional engineers and
scholars in their expertise which includes Linux/Unix and things related
to Computer Science, their advice is far more worth attending to than my
own.  However, when there is a trend of similar concepts, terms of
usage, ideas or explanations -- that would mostly catch even a
generalist's attention.

Best wishes...