unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash

Bill Perrotta billperrotta at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 18:08:16 MST 2006

Thanks for the advice. I ordered mac os 9.2 from an ebay seller and can't wait to get my hands on it. Question though do you know if the jaguar 10.2.8 update will update os 9.2 to osx or do i need a full install of os 10.2.8 reason i'm asking is cause I have a source for os x  msoffice that i could run. This would be for my friends mac. I will probably just use os 9.2 and yellow dog on mine possibly ydl4 if i can figure out how to get it installed if not at least ydl 3.1.with a dual boot of os 9 and yellowdog i can run os9 when i want to go on the internet and ydl for everything else. No support for shockwave on ydl ppc is just plain stupidity.

Paul Higgins <higg0008 at tc.umn.edu> wrote: On Sunday 29 October 2006 09:37, Bill Perrotta wrote:
> Most likely if i choose to upgrade to ydl 4 I will use bootx cause it is
> already there from yellowdog 2.1. But for the other mac if i am installing
> os x on it i will probably use xfacto. because the other mac would only run
> os solely. Question though to upgrade to ydl4 do i need os9? or is os 8.1
> good enough?

I'm pretty sure that you need OS 9.0-9.2.2 to use XPostFacto.  (OS X was
released immediately after 9.2.2).  I included a link to the download site
that apparently got scrubbed from your post, though the link showed up in
mine, so I'm not sure what happened.  Here it is again:

http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/

You can read about all the details there.  It does appear to work quite well
on the more recent machines like the beige G3, especially if you've added a
faster processor.  YMMV on the older machines like the 9600, etc.
Personally, except as a sort of practical joke, or for a lark, I wouldn't
bother installing OS X on an old machine like that.  I'd do a minimal OS 9
install (because you have to have MacOS on an OldWorld machine to boot Linux)
and then install YDL or Debian.  OS X is horribly bloated; my dual G5
machine, which is still running 10.3.9, chokes regularly doing the simplest
things like web browsing.  Linux is so much faster and leaner that it's
really quite unbelievable.

-PRH