unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Sun Oct 29 16:20:33 MST 2006

On Sunday 29 October 2006 09:37, Bill Perrotta wrote:
> Most likely if i choose to upgrade to ydl 4 I will use bootx cause it is
> already there from yellowdog 2.1. But for the other mac if i am installing
> os x on it i will probably use xfacto. because the other mac would only run
> os solely. Question though to upgrade to ydl4 do i need os9? or is os 8.1
> good enough?

I'm pretty sure that you need OS 9.0-9.2.2 to use XPostFacto.  (OS X was
released immediately after 9.2.2).  I included a link to the download site
that apparently got scrubbed from your post, though the link showed up in
mine, so I'm not sure what happened.  Here it is again:

http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/

You can read about all the details there.  It does appear to work quite well
on the more recent machines like the beige G3, especially if you've added a
faster processor.  YMMV on the older machines like the 9600, etc.
Personally, except as a sort of practical joke, or for a lark, I wouldn't
bother installing OS X on an old machine like that.  I'd do a minimal OS 9
install (because you have to have MacOS on an OldWorld machine to boot Linux)
and then install YDL or Debian.  OS X is horribly bloated; my dual G5
machine, which is still running 10.3.9, chokes regularly doing the simplest
things like web browsing.  Linux is so much faster and leaner that it's
really quite unbelievable.

-PRH