unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash

Bill Perrotta billperrotta at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 22:40:07 MST 2006

not a big loss huh? almost all webpages use shockwave nowadays. I think i'll just change the first partition to os9 instead of 8 then I can boot os9 to browse the web and ydl for everything else. And the way to get around stuffit is to use Netscape navigator and tell it to open heqx files. But that wasn't stopping from installing ydl 3 or 4 it was the sit file. I'm crossing my fingers that os9 will include a version of stuffit that can open sit files. All i know is the one that comes with os8 can't which was 4.4 i think. I also downloaded 4.5 and it was the same crappy problem. I tried downloadining verion 7.03 stuffit because i read somewhere that it could open sit files. But again the morons at stuffit cease to amaze because instead of a heqx file that i can now open, stuffit7 came in a sit. The same damn file that the 4.5 can't open nor netscape or ie. In conclusion that is why i purchased os9 this morning. Hopefully i'll have better luck with that. If it is a newer
 version of stuffit that comes in os 9.2 or comes preinstalled on the 9.2 disk with netscape i can care less as long as the damn thing works and opens both heqx and sit files. Thanks again

Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote: On 29/10/06, Bill Perrotta  wrote:
> Ok it is because in the instructions for ydl three point one it says to copy
> the disk image to the system folder. That was easy enough then click on the
> sit file or drag it to stuffit expander. Neither worked all i got was errors

> saying the mac os does not know what app the sit file was created with so it
> can't open it. The other error i got was that it was corrupted.I got these
> errors in both ydl 3.0 and 3.1 because i tried both. This was when i dual
> booted with os 8.0. then i tried

 You ran into the strange paradox that is installing Stuffit
Expander. You need Stuffit to be able to install Stuffit! Stuff-it!
;-P)

IIRC Stuffit Expander is included with the System 8 install disks. As
long as there's a functioning Stuffit Expander on the disk, you'll be
able to install XBoot. I suggest you focus on getting Stuffit Expander
working first. Once SE is in place you'll be able to install YDL 4 "no
sweat".

Again, why are you so worried about Flash support? 99% of the Flash
content out there is _crap_ so it's not a big loss if your friend
can't have it. YDL 4 will be a lot more stable than OS 9 but, the
drawback is that it will be a lot harder for your friend to fix
(basically impossible)... like every other Linux out there.