unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 20:46:52 MST 2006

On 29/10/06, Bill Perrotta <billperrotta at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok it is because in the instructions for ydl three point one it says to copy
> the disk image to the system folder. That was easy enough then click on the
> sit file or drag it to stuffit expander. Neither worked all i got was errors

> saying the mac os does not know what app the sit file was created with so it
> can't open it. The other error i got was that it was corrupted.I got these
> errors in both ydl 3.0 and 3.1 because i tried both. This was when i dual
> booted with os 8.0. then i tried

<chuckle> You ran into the strange paradox that is installing Stuffit
Expander. You need Stuffit to be able to install Stuffit! Stuff-it!
;-P)

IIRC Stuffit Expander is included with the System 8 install disks. As
long as there's a functioning Stuffit Expander on the disk, you'll be
able to install XBoot. I suggest you focus on getting Stuffit Expander
working first. Once SE is in place you'll be able to install YDL 4 "no
sweat".

Again, why are you so worried about Flash support? 99% of the Flash
content out there is _crap_ so it's not a big loss if your friend
can't have it. YDL 4 will be a lot more stable than OS 9 but, the
drawback is that it will be a lot harder for your friend to fix
(basically impossible)... like every other Linux out there.