unable to install Klash in Konquereror cannot view flash

Bill Perrotta billperrotta at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 07:36:16 MST 2006

Dude i learn from hands on experience. Not using yellowdog will not help me. Using it as much as possible will. Before i installed ydl 2.1 i knew nothing about ydl or any mac os and now i know a little about both. And i learned what i know in less than a week. I just never really paid attention to the fact that it was probably java script and not shockwave that does those things because i have not ever had problems like these even with the earliest versions of win95. So i took for granted what it takes to run the webbrowser since on most oses the web usually runs fine without problems straight out of the box. Once on my xp pc i couldn't run limewire because i didn't have jre. I figured that out installed it and then it worked. But because I am going to wipe out both os8 and ydl2 when the os 9.2 disk comes it doesn't pay for me to bother figuring out why ydl can't go to certain web sites. I installed a lamp server on debian sarge with coppermine gallery that has a slide show
 on it with family pictures. That same pc is dualbooted with redhat9 so i can study for my rhce. Last night i started working on a lab to set up NFS on the yellow dog mac to perform a lab with my redhat9 pc. Just because I didn't know js was the problem on the yellowdog mac doesn't mean i don't know anything about redhat fedora core or debian. I have actually learned a great deal about Linux in the last six months. By the way in my last job i was an MS Exchange admin and also a web admin with two redhat 7.2 e-mail servers one was a communigate server. Where i created user accounts for customers with webmin. I do know more about msexchange and windows servers than Linux but only because i have been working with them longer.

Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote: On 30/10/06, Bill Perrotta  wrote:
> It may be crap but it's highly used crap.

Says who? For real work? Not in my experience!

> I can't go to trips123 for subway
> inforrmation use yahoo mail buttons to send e-mail. I'm not sure if mapquest
> works because I haven't tried. If you ask me it's downright crippling.

You're conflating a few different things. First of all, you're running
YDL 2.1. That software was bleeding edge in 2000/2001! The newer,
fancy stuff that web sites do requires a much newer version of Mozilla
(aka FireFox) than what YDL 2.1 can offer with much more robust XML
and JavaScript support than was offered back then. Also, these sites
don't use Flash -- sorry to disappoint!

> Everything works fine if you don't go on the internet But a dual boot of os9
> or X is a must if internet access is important to have on the machine. I've

You might be wise to devote your time to your RHCE studies and return
to YDL when you've developed a little more skill and experience with
RedHat/Fedora Core-based distros.