ALSA in YDL 4.0.1 + 4.1

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Sat Nov 4 19:55:18 MST 2006

I'm probably not the only person who's into multimedia stuff with Linux, and
likewise I am certainly not the only one to note that this area is
rather...challenging...in Linux (especially on PPC).  So I was wondering if
anyone has figured out where the config file(s) for ALSA might be in YDL, as
I'm getting a little tired of having to manually set up my soundcard in a
terminal using alsamixer.  I've noticed that the same settings (which have to
be changed to get audio output) are always retained after a reboot or logout,
so they must be stored somewhere, right?

This problem was noteable in YDL 4.0.1; has it been solved in 4.1?

Thanks,
-PRH