YDL 3.0 locks up on third screen during install on PPC 8500

Olaf Neumann neumann.o at t-online.de
Fri Nov 17 06:03:50 MST 2006

Hello to all!

Yes, that is the Link that I have used to download
the kernel to install ydl 4.0:

> http://www.shiner.info/?files/Yellow%20Dog%20Linux%204

This Kernel supports the MESH-SCSI Controller from
the PPC 8500, so yo can install ydl 4.0

Other Solutions (for ydl) that will work with ydl 3.0 or 4.0
I did not found.

A totily other Solution is Mandrake Linux, what I
used in the Versions 9.1, 10.1 and Mandrake Linux 2005 LE.

All made no Problems for Installing on my PPC 8500.

Only the Parameter for BootX are a littlebit Tricky.

Regards
Olaf Neumann