First boot failure after successful installation

John Mok jmok at attglobal.net
Sat Nov 25 05:52:25 MST 2006

Hi,

I have followed the YDL 4.1 installation guide and completed the
installation on a blue-and-white G3 machine

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/installation/ydl4.1_guide-double.pdf

The list of partitions follows :-

Partition #     Size MB   Mount point
===========     =======   ===========
1               <1        Apple Disk map
2               1         Apple bootstrap
3               1024      Swap
4               7168      /

However, upon the first boot, it failed to boot to Linux and showed a
Monitor prompt "?"/Mac OS. After 10 - 15 seconds, the screen ran a list
of errors.

What went wrong? I hope someone could point me reference how to make it
boot to Linux.

Thanks a lot.

John Mok