YDL 5.0 - PS3 Install Error

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Jan 2 12:10:40 MST 2007

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:27:09 -0500
<ryan-mary at cccexpress.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up.
>
> I have checked the md5sum value for the .iso file I downloaded and
> have verified that it matches the posted value for that .iso.
>
> Should I still be looking at issues with the installation DVD I
> burned, or should I be looking elsewhere?
>
> Once again any insights are greatly appreciated.

Did you review the file: MD5SUMS-notes?

Also what optical drive are you using to create the DVD?  The I/O
errors you reported earlier from mediacheck seem to be pointing to a
problem with the optical drive.

Before you jump to that assumption, try to apply a process of
elimination as much as possible.  Check and cross-check available
instructions and guides.  Lastly run a hardware diagnostic program from
within Windows or Mac OS X to test the optical drive itself.  If the
internal optical drive doesn't work, perhaps you have an external
optical drive somewhere?

Good luck!