802.11g (Airport Extreme) progress?

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Jan 13 10:42:46 MST 2007

Hey Paul:
As you are not into building kernels yet it may interest you that this
public link has the kernel already prepared here:

http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/betas/airportextreme/

Be sure to follow the directions.

In general, compiling kernels remain pretty much the same throughout Linux.  Here are some detailed instructions:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/kernels.shtml

Be sure to select the options you want active in your kernel carefully.

Recommendation: Read the instructions for compiling kernels several times first.  Make sure you understand it.

Note: Although the instructions address building an older kernel; the same procedures apply to modern kernels.

Good Luck.... Derick.