help

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:23:39 MST 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:56:20 -0800 "Hardeep Gill" <reckie at gmail.com>
wrote:

> How do I get back to the GameOS without getting into the graphical
> mode. I am using a sdtv and I haven't gone through the steps to adjust
> it so that I can view the YDL properly.
>
> In others words, can I get back to the GameOS from the main boot
> screen?

You will need to log on as root from a text console, then run the
command boot-game-os, which will reboot into GameOS.  The alternative is
to hold your finger on the power button for longer than 5 seconds when
you turn it on.  This will boot up the GameOS, but it will also reset
the GameOS to 480i mode.  Since you are using an SDTV, this is probably
not a problem.

To switch back to YDL, go to Settings, System Settings, Default System,
and select Other OS.  The next time you turn on the PS3 it will boot
into YDL.