help with x server after installing ydl-4 on a b&w g3

Daveran McCallum launchpd7 at mac.com
Sat Mar 3 10:50:48 MST 2007

Hello all,

I successfully install in " safe" on my b&w g3, and after rebooting I get "ioctl" failed message and am prompted to let "x server" diagnose the issue. I select it and I am looped to a host login screen after "x" tells me it will turn it  off . I work with some computer hardware, server and software "geeks" and they all tell me to type commands like "video=vesafb:mtrr3,ywrap" or "video=vesa:mtrr3,ywrap," and then whatever the screen resolution is for my monitor. I try all and get "invalid command", so I need assistance if any is available to fix this issue. I have been searching on line for fixes for this, but most of the posts are specific for their situations and none of these have worked for me. Not to mention I cannot get Ubuntu, CentOs or fedora4,5 or 6 to install in "graphic" or"text" mode. These are all iso cd's and I naven't tried to check the autenticity using the "linux mediacheck" option because I cannot get that command to work, and it's probably because I am in the wrong place on the install screen to do this. Any help would be appreciated much.

thanks in advance.
Dev