RE: 回覆: Help, no installations files found

Marcelo Costa ecosta80 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:03:37 MDT 2007

The DVD used the ISO as an image to burn it. When opened, I see correct content: folders and files.

I'm a Canadian PS3 user and have already Full Format the HDD to no avail. Nothing I do seems to work.

Apparently, there's no need to format the drive now to install OtherOS from GameOS version 1.53 or 1.54, as well as no need to install the PS3 OtherOS Bootloader; only the OtherOS Bootoader is required.

I get the no VRS found error and won't change from that. I burnt 3 DVDs differently and at different speeds, in different machines using Nero.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Marcelo.

Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 03:11:05 +0800From: rsxrsx2006 at yahoo.com.hkSubject: 回覆: Help, no installations files foundTo: yellowdog-newbie at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
the file to be burnt into DVD disc is in ISO format, did you choose "burning ISO" in your burning software? if you just burn it as data file, it won't work !

jsacpit <jsacpit at gmail.com> 說:

Hi! i'm a European PS3 user, and i'm trying to install YDL 5.0 on  1.6 version.
The Official page says that no new partition is needed, but anyways, right now
my ps3 is being reformatted. Meanwhile, just to ask that why, when i start
installtext in kboot, after choosing my spanish keyboard it says:
    "No installation files found" or something similar.
The iso of YDL 5.0 has been burned at 4x on a DVD-RW (not +). And was
obviously inserted while running kboot.
I'll keep you informed if formatting solves the problem. But please help
if anyone else has already had this problem.

Thanks,

_______________________________________YM - 離線訊息就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk