/dev/sr0:/ppc/ppc64/vmlinux-ps3: not found

Bradford Ray normray at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 19:34:26 MDT 2007

Hi there,

I've seen loads of forum posts with the same problem, and it generally seems to be users doing something stupid, but this is a list for newbies!

Some info:
 - when I browse to /mnt/tmp/ there is a folder with a guid-like name which contains the dvd structure, and I can browse to ppc/ppc64 and see the file there! (so my assumption is the dvd is readable by the ps3? it was written in ISO format)
 - I also get the UDF: No VRS found (or something) error when it first trys to mount the dvd
 - the iso I downloaded has the same md5 checksum as on the mirror

So it looks to me like its failed half-way through mounting the drive (cause its in the /mnt/tmp folder) which is why it can't find the file on the dev/sr0 device?

I've tried manually mounting dev/sr0, and unmounting, but basically I don't really know what I'm doing. I also can't find a text editor in kboot to edit the fstab file to choose iso9660 ahead of udf, but I also don't know if the No VRS message is a red herring?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated! I'm competent in the Windows world, but after hours of getting absolutely nowhere I need help!

Cheers,
Brad.