Pismo Sleep Problem

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue May 1 03:24:33 MDT 2007

Hi Ted:

I'm not at all sure what works on my laptop (1.6GHz Aluminum PB) will
work on yours.  With YDL 5, this is what I've noticed:

1.  Sleep is a dark screen.  No images, animations or whatever used to
be there in other desktops such as KDE or Gnome.  Just simple blackness
or nothing.

2.  Wake involves closing your laptop's lid completely such that the
latch closing it is activated or clicks or snaps securely, then opening
it again.

Observations:

1.  Appears to be true only for e17.  If one is in Gnome or KDE; the
screensavers can be set to different images or animations.

2.  As I've not used KDE or Gnome for a serious length of time in YDL 5,
I cannot comment on the Wake feature within those desktop environments.

Best wishes...