WINE & WoW

Kai yavin at gmx.com
Sat Jun 9 02:50:53 MDT 2007

> So, even with WINE you can't run World Of Warcraft?
> I thought it totally emulated the program to a Linux format?

WINE is not an emulator! It just provides necessary API for software
that is build on windows. Software compiled on Windows is in the most
cases only x86 compatible. Maybe you will get here a problem with the
Cell architecture which is not x86 compatible I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_microprocessor

> What about the Nvidia RSX what is that?

This is your PS3 GPU. The hardware access for Linux is provided and
managed by a hypervisor. At the moment this hypervisor restricts the
access to the GPU and therefor the 3D acceleration isn't available for
any third party os.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSX_%27Reality_Synthesizer%27